This is a page that will
hopefully, help all interested weather folks find meaningful
employment. If you know of jobs or other job links, please
e-mail the Webmaster.
And by all means, spread the word around to others. You can
find more positions on the National
Weather Association web site.
SOAR needs a contract meteorologist from April to September (6
The job will be located in Boulder CO.
Duties will include:
- Producing daily forecasts for the probability of convection
defined target areas.
- Coordinate multiple aircraft conducting airborne operations
vicinity of convective clouds using NEXRAD radar.
- Data archiving, record keeping and report writing.
This is an entry level position. Training will be provided by
experienced scientists. Working days/hours need to be flexible
on the occurrence of convection in the target area.
- skill in weather analysis and forecasting
- working knowledge of weather data; radar, satellite imagery,
surface and upper level maps, weather forecasting models and
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- basic coding skills e.g. Matlab, IDL
- basic website maintenance
- excellent work ethic is a must
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org